Isn’t it unbelievable that plants can convert carbon dioxide, a gas, into solid leaves, branches, and roots, just with the help of sunlight? Gas -> solid by sunlight? I’m just stunned that such a beautifully complex system could have possibly evolved/been created/whatever. Spend a moment thinking about it.
Also, I have more to say regarding the new Joanna Newsom album. With every pluck of her harp strings, it feels as if she’s plucking my heart strings. O Ys.
Actually I don’t find her attractive in the slightest, but this album…this album…
- “Devotees in Bombay celebrated a Hindu festival earlier this week by immersing colorful Ganesh statues in the Arabian Sea at night. The next morning, the tide brought them back. It was a surreal scene.”
- Photo gallery of bizarre lenticular clouds.
- The excellently-written experiences of a college student in the frozen wasteland of Harbin, China.
- Learn how to cut a deck of cards one-handed. Also related is how to throw cards with your thumb.
- I’ve only recently become aware of the existence of so many types of movable bridges. Particularly interesting to me are the curling bridge, lift bridge, table bridge, submersible bridge, tilt bridge, swing bridge, and transporter bridge.
- Wristwatch developed by the noted architect Frank Gehry, he who designed the Guggenheim Museum in Bilbao, and the Walt Disney Hall.
- You definitely need to experience this glow-in-the-dark bubble bath.